Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Twisted Logic #1 - Tolerance



This is the first in what will probably be a long series of great innovative thinking on my part that other people think is "twisted logic." #1 regards tolerance.
My proposition: Tolerance is just another form of intolerance. It's a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde thing.
Explanation: Plain and simple - people who claim to be 'tolerant' are empirically some of the most intolerant people I have met. In other words, tolerance has come to mean the non-tolerance of intolerant people. Next time someone says to you:

"I consider myself very tolerant. I love homosexual people. Some of them are my best friends."

simply repeat the following verbatim:
"That's gay."

I can guarantee you that in 9 out of 10 cases you will be subject to a long lecture / argument followed by a little physical violence or lynching for dessert.

What would the true tolerant person say?
"So, are you."
Disclaimer: I'm not homophobic.


No comments: